Multi-Vendor Storage Management
OpStor is a heterogeneous storage infrastructure monitoring solution that helps enterprises to monitor their storage resources
- Multi-vendor storage infrastructure management
- Pro-active fault and performance monitoring
- Visualize SAN availability and health
- Detect problems with utilization and availability of storage devices
What is OpStor?
OpStor is a multi-vendor storage area networks SAN and network attached storage NAS monitoring tool for storage devices like Storage Arrays, Fabric Switches, Tape Libraries, Host servers and Host Bus Adapters cards from leading vendors like EMC, HP, IBM, Promise, Fibrenetix, Cisco, Brocade, DELL, ADIC, SUN, QLogic, Emulex, JNI and more
How can OpStor help you?
OpStor provides increased visibility with unified view of your storage environment thereby reducing the downtime with timely detection of problems. It saves administrative time with effective reporting and escalations and provides lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) with no extra software purchases.
VQManager. Your Solution.
Non-Intrusive Real-Time Monitoring
- Proactive monitoring of bandwidth utilization and QoS metrics such as Jitter, Latency, Packet loss
- ITU standard E-model based MOS calculation
- Drill down of information to minute-level of precision
- Call information display using CDR/CMR logs
- Integrates with higher level Network Management, thus protecting existing investment
Alarms & Notifications
- Alarm generation and email notification on vital parameters based on user-defined threshold and severity – QoS (Jitter, Packet Loss, MOS and RFactor) – Frequent and consecutive incomplete calls – Call set-up time – Average Length of Call (ALOC) – Answer Seizure Ratio (ASR) – Average answer delay – Voice bandwidth utilization – SIP errors – Frequent call disconnects – Call volume
- SNMP Trap alerts based on user-defined thresholds
- Pictorial representation of call flow information to debug call set-up issues
- Bandwidth usage graph with split up between voice and non-voice data to help analyze bandwidth congestion
- Call QoS trend to identify quality gaps
Call Details View
- QoS trends for calls and endpoints
- Codec details used by endpoints
- Enhanced debugging of error calls through pictorial representation of call flows
- Call Trace of SIP, H.323, Cisco Skinny and RTCP packets transferred in a call
EndPoint Details View
- Detailed view of call usage trend with QoS Metrics and Traffic Patterns
- Call Metrics such as incoming and outgoing call QoS metrics, total active call duration, Average call duration and ASR
- Call categorization such as incoming, outgoing, unanswered, error, good and poor quality calls
- Option to group the endpoints based on IP Address amd SIP URL/phone number
- Monitoring and reporting of Registration requests
Real-Time Monitoring & Post-Event Analysis
- Supports real-time monitoring as well as trend analysis for post-event troubleshooting and capacity planning based on calls that happened days or weeks or months earlier
- Real-time reporting of call volume changes, bandwidth utilization and voice quality
- On demand reports of Top users based on Call Volume or Duration
- Concurrent calls reporting min, max, and avg values on an hourly, daily and weekly basis
Capture & Display Filtering
- Filtering criteria to capture/monitor call traffic from speciufic IP Address/locations
- Flexible filtering of data based on IP address, SIP URL/phone number and name
- Provisions for saving the captured packets in Libpcap format for post-event troubleshooting
Web-Based User Interface
- Provides a web-based user interface for remote access using standard web browsers such as IE and Firefox
- User-friendly graphical screens allows easy understanding of network & troubleshooting
You & VQManager. Your Benefits.
With VQManager, the administrator pre-empts any possible VoIP call quality degradations using the in-built alarm profiles as well as custom alarm profiles. Alerts can be generated on a variety of thresholds - call traffic volume, MOS scores, voice bandwidth utilization, Call set-up time etc.
VQManager provides detailed automated reports on call activity and call quality information (from End-of-Day call activity reports, Bandwidth usage reports, targeted user's call activity reports, failed calls, bad quality calls etc.) over a varied time period to give useful inputs for optimizing VoIP infrastructure and capacity.
VQManager, with its call-centric approach to quality monitoring, strips down individual calls to the packets that are exchanged between participating endpoints. Quality trends are displayed and stored so quality issues or failures can be diagnosed and corrective measures can be taken appropriately.
OpStor. Fulfil your needs. Satisfy your wants.
Download and trial it in your own environment ... see why VQManager enables enterprises to easily deploy and maintain an optimized VoIP set-up from day one of VoIP installation.
"I think VQManager is an *excellent* piece of software...the product has behaved flawlessly and been extremely useful in a live business environment."
Julian Fletcher, Convergence Group
"We are using VQManager to troubleshoot complete acceptance testing after very sophisticated VoIP deployments. This tool is invaluable to Sage Innovations due to its graphic nature and highly adaptable features."
Adam Menne, Sage Innovations